Once You Focus on You First, Success Will Follow
It’s important to focus on you first because what you center your life around becomes your paradigm about the world around you. Paradigms are your way of thinking about how you perceive yourself and life in general.
Even though this article is geared towards teens, as adults we can learn from these lessons all the same. If you’re a parent, share this article with your teen, if not, then you’ll be able to figure out how to apply these teachings to your own personal life.
In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, Sean Covey figured teens should center their life around various areas of life, not just one:
It’s not wise to center your life around your friends because:
- “fake” friends
- forget about you
- mood swings
- move away
Make as many friends as you can, but don’t build your life on them. It’s an unstable foundation.”
This materialistic world teaches us to value our possessions and compare each other by them. There are more important things to life than our stuff.
If who I am is what I have and what I have is lost, then who am I?”
Independence is more attractive than dependence. The more you center your life on someone, the more unattractive you become to that person.
…they always need to have those sickening, ‘where do we stand’ talks.”
Some teens are so obsessed about the deans list, GPAs, AP classes, Valedictorian and forget that you go to school to learn. Will having a 4.0 over 30 years prior make you happy when you’re 50 years old? Build the skills today that will make you happy forever.
Your life is your life, not theirs. Become responsible for yourself and focus on you. Please yourself and make yourself proud before anyone else.
Living to please them above everything else can become a real nightmare.”
- Sports – What happens with a career ending injury?
- Hero – What happens when you find out they are not who they say they are?
- Enemy – The thoughts you project towards others are a reflection of what you feel about yourself.
- Work – Feeds your emptiness temporarily but does not fully satisfy you
- Self – The world does not revolve around you and your problems.
Principled Centered – The Real Thing
Your heart, your feelings, will recognize the true principles in which to live by.
- Honesty – Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom” – Thomas Jefferson
- Service – “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Love – “Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you” – Anonymous
- Hard Work – “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary” – Zig Ziglar
- Respect – “When we show our respect for other living things, they respond with respect for us” – Arapaho Proverb
- Gratitude – “The more you complain about things, the more things you’ll have to complain about” – Zig Ziglar
- Moderation – “Foolish is the one who turns pleasure into a need” – Anonymous
- Fairness – “We can not choose how others treat us. We can only choose how we treat others” – Shawn Ahmed
- Integrity – “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything” – Anonymous
- Loyalty – “Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair” – Anonymous
- Responsibility – “Some people dream of success, others make it happen” – Brian Tracy
If you live by them, you will excel. If you break them, you will fail.”
The One Minute Authorpreneur
The One Minute Authorpreneur: The Quickest Way to Achieve Any Dream educates you how to very write, publish, launch, and leverage a book to attract into your life whatever it is you desire. Once you become an author, the entire world instantly views you as an authority figure, an expert in your subject matter.
This book lays out for you the systematical, step-by-step, sequential process to maximizing a book to catapult your entire world. Use it to attract clients, speaking engagements, high paying consulting contracts, the media’s attention, and much more.
I AM: Children’s Book for Positive Thinkers
I AM: Children’s Book for Positive Thinkers is for children of all ages, baby-adult. It gets you and your children thinking more positively about themselves and the world around them.
By the time a child reaches seven years old, the perception about themselves is already set. Before they will reach the age of eighteen, they will have been told negative limiting beliefs about themselves over 17,000 times.
I Am, I Do, I Have: Big Thinking for Positively Successful Children
I Am, I Do, I Have: Big Thinking for Positively Successful Children uses ones thoughts to live create and live a phenomenal life. Since our thoughts are the beginning of everything we create in our life, you’ll repeat positive affirmations about who you believe yourself to be. By having a certain mentality, the physical actions we take are within line of how our conscious mind chose to train our subconscious. And once our actions become habitual, we produce real world results which we live in.
Master Your Life Using Transformational Quotes Workbook Series
Master Your Life using Transformational Quotes Workbook Series takes you from where you are to where you want to go. Clearing out your foggy mind, you will get clear with what direction you know your life should go.
Within each book, you will come away with different take-a-ways no matter where you are in life. The quotes we say and hear are for a reason. Stop letting quotes pass you by and start reflecting on them and how they apply to you.
Read More Articles
Once You Focus on You First, Success Will Follow
Lucas J. Robak Professional Affiliations
Authorpreneur Academy will train and guide you to use a published book as your best marketing asset. From before you even start writing, to well beyond thriving, we have exactly what you need every step of the way to leverage the global perception of ‘Authors’ to your advantage.
The Wellness Fair unites certified health & wellness professionals with enthusiasts who desire natural living. Develop personal relationships while improving your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being by attending local events and consuming the educational online materials.
Follow Me on Social Media
Anything I can do, you can do better – Lucas J. Robak
Diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2014, I’m a bestselling author, book hoarder, and a workaholic. Pretending to live my vision and being a big thinking strategic visionary kinda guy makes my life fun. I’m alive and so are you, cool! Let’s make great things happen.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.