- Read the list out loud and with enthusiasm one goal at a time
- Close your eyes and picture that goal already accomplished
- What are the sounds you hear?
- What does it feel like when you touch it?
- What are you hearing?
- What do you see?
- Get all your senses involved when you visualize your goal accomplished
- Thought backed by emotion is the express train to accomplishment!
When you do this process daily, you create what psychologists term as “structural tension”
- Your brain wants to close the gap between the outside world and you inner thoughts.
- When you first start the process, they do not match up.
- You brain will look for ways to close this gap by:
- Giving you ideas
- Inspiring you to action
- Bringing new people and opportunities in your life
Once you set your goal and activated your brain to “close the gap”, start doing something everyday that will bring you one step closer to making it a reality!
Try Denying This: If you wake up in Los Angeles and take one step west every day, one day you will accomplish your goal of arriving in New York. Granted, this example will take numerous life times, but you get the picture.
If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
ACTION STEPS TO CREATE STRUCTURAL TENSION:
- Index Cards (3″ x 5″)
- Make it quick and easy to review them
- Read them one-by-one
- In the morning before you tackle the day
- Before you go to bed so your unconscious can work out the answers
- Carrying them in your purse or wallet
- Day Planner
- Write your goals on some of the pages for a reminder
- Put them all on one index card and place them under a paper clip which holds your spot
- Goals Book
- Separate page for each goal
- Write the goal at the top of the page
- Illustrate with photos
- Print them from the internet
- Draw/Paint them
- Take pictures yourself
- Illustrate with words and phrases
- More goals = more pages
- Write a Letter to Yourself
- It can be from your future self after you accomplished the goal
- It can be from you now inspiring you to take action
- Add why you are doing it and how you will benefit from accomplishing it
- Write a Check to Yourself
- Visualize that you are cashing in that check
- You can
if you do not have a check book
- Print it out and fill it in (mine is for $1 million)