They are a framework or a way of thinking that can help you solve your problems better and faster.”
- Point of view
- How you see the world
- Hard work
Most of the time our paradigms/perceptions are completely wrong and need a little fixing. It is rare that we know the whole story which is why we should not be quick to judge other people!
With a little more information, chances are you would feel differently about a person, place or thing.
The key to changing yourself for the better is to first change your perspective/paradigm.
Principles will never fail us !
Good Principles Bring Great Results with:
- Significant Others
This is what is going on inside you! We need to fix ourselves before we can fix other people
HABIT 1 – Be Proactive
- Take responsibility for your own life
- Choose your own mood
- Take actions to produce results
HABIT 2 – Begin With the End In Mind
- Create Goals
- Know what you stand for
- Have a mission statement
HABIT 3 – Put First Things First
- Stop procrastinating
- Do not let other people decide your life
- Stop Slacking
This is what everyone sees. The following deals with how to get along with others.
HABIT 4 – Think Win-Win
- Everyone can win in every situation
- Be happy for other people’s success
- Think of different ways both sides can get what they want (creative thinking skills)
HABIT 5 – Seek First to Understand, Then To Be Understood
- Allow others to speak until they feel completely understood
- Use your empathetic listening skills
- Do not interrupt people when they are talking
- Do not jump to conclusions
- Actively try to understand the other person when listening
HABIT 6 – Synergy
- Everyone has different strengths, use them to everyone’s advantage
- Appreciate differences in people
- Understand you have certain strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else
- Value the differences in everyone
Take care of yourself and have fun. This last habit brings you back to life and breathes vitality to all the preceding habits.
HABIT 7 – Sharpen the Saw
- Build Relationships
- Eat Healthy
- Sleep 8 hours a night
- Learn new skills
- Keep a journal
- Do not watch junk T.V.