Jack Canfield teaches us to think of your life as a GPS. When you use a GPS you tell it specifically where you want to go, down to the exact address. Mr. Canfield describes this perfectly in The Success Principles.
Once you plug it in, the GPS will tell you:
- How long it will take to get there
- What time you will arrive
- How much gas you will use
- How much money it will cost
- Turn-by-turn directions on how to get there
Your life is exactly the same.
By making the choice to decide what you want, you are putting that into your internal GPS.
Your internal GPS will:
- Help you figure out how long it will take you to accomplish your goal
- What skills you will need to acquire
- Who you need to talk too
- Your instincts will give you “turn-by-turn” directions through ideas and motivation
DECIDE What You Want:
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What do you want to experience?
- Who do you want to meet?
- What things would you like to have?
- Who do you want to become?
You have the freedom to choose absolutely anything you can dream of for your life.
- The first step is to decide what you want.
- Be as specific as possible.
- Next, believe that you will accomplish this outcome you decided on.
- Thought backed by emotion is the most powerful tool we all have in our toolbox
Once you decide and clarify your vision, your internal GPS will provide to you the exact steps you need to take.
Trust that these steps will keep appearing along the way.
Once you are clear about what you want, remain focused on it and the process will become clear.
Re-read this post again
At the end, take a few minutes to think about all the things that you want in life.
Write them down
Look at your list and be proud of it.
Believe that you will accomplish each one of your ideas.