People infected with the victimitis mentality believe that everyone has it out for them and that everyone and everything owes them something for one reason or another.
These sick people carry with them an infectious illness that they force upon others.
You’re to blame! Never them!
Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
This is a very contagious virus known as “victimitis”.
These people make the problem to be someone else’s fault. They never sit down to consider that the main problem lies in their attitude. Stop being a disgusting victim.
It is disgusting to hear her talk. It is never her fault and there is always an excuse – complaining is all she is good for.
Reactive people come in all shapes and sizes. They can be:
Notice their language and how they make you feel when you are around them.
Do you really want to be that way? NO!
Reactive people will always feel like a victim, but they also have many other traits too.
Reactive Traits of Victimitis
- Easily offended
- Blame others
- Get angry easily
- Say things they will regret later
- Whines and Complains
- Wait and allow things to happen to them
- Change only when they have to, and complain about it
- Files frivolous lawsuits
- Gets offended and responds with physical violence
- Seeks out “Safe Spaces”
Proactive Traits of Successful People
Proactive people are completely different and see the world through a positive point-of-view:
- Not easily offended
- Make conscious choices and take responsibility with the consequences
- Think before they talk and act
- Be able to move forward unfazed after something bad happens
- Find new ways to achieve the outcomes you desire
- Focus on the things they can control and forget about the things out of their control
It is a lot easier to be reactive than it is to be proactive. Whining, complaining and losing your cool is much easier than keeping control and staying calm. Take the high road and you will come out on top.
You don’t have to be perfect. We are not perfect and no one else is.