In my previous posts about life coaching I detailed what the benefits are from talking with a life coach. But that does not answer the question as to WHY one should hire a life coach.
Why a life coach is different from everyone else:
- There is no judgment
- Does not impart own agenda
- Never tells you what to do
- Asks questions that no one else does
- Listens on a different level
Why is this so important?
- When there is no judgment, trust is formed and the client is able to speak freely unlike with friends and family
- A life coach understands that everyone is different and has their own goals. Your life is your life, what will make you happy and successful is the only thing that matters to a life coach
- Parents, teachers, therapists and psychologists tell you what to do. A life coach asks you questions because they trust that the client knows what to do. Truthfully, everyone knows what to do and how to do it. It is a matter of listening to what is inside you, a life coach brings the answers to the surface
- The simple questions are sometimes the hardest to answer. A life coach asks the simple questions no one else does so and allows the client to answer in full. This process alone is extremely empowering
- There are different levels of listening. The average person listens so that what is said benefits them. A life coach listens empathetically, meaning, they put themselves in the clients “shoes” and comes up with a question that needs answering to get to the next step.
Why hire a life coach?
- Design your life to bring the most joy and fulfillment
- Create clarity with what you truly want out of life
- Strengthen and stretch you to get more of what you want, not what you don’t want
- Tap into your inner self for guidance
- Create new systems to through challenges, obstacles and periods in life
- Build accountability for yourself. The most important person to gain trust from is your inner self. If you do not believe what you say you will do, you will never accomplish anything
- Celebrate the small successes along the way. This is something I never did until I met a life coach. Everyday you have something to celebrate, learn how to do it.